Saturday, December 15, 2007

See I'm Not The Grinch. Really!

Honestly I meant to get these pictures posted sooner, but time really got away from me this month. Seems like I barely got out the cards and presents. Now Christmas is nearly upon us.

We actually put our Christmas tree up November 24th. The day my parents left from their visit for Thanksgiving. Not something I would normally be up for, but with the hubby working on school stuff this was the only time we had available to put up the tree.

Thankfully we have an artificial tree so we don't have to worry about it dying on us. Sadly I had seen real trees on sale before Thanksgiving was even here. But I'm not even going to go there. Pre-lit artificial trees are so much easier and prevent arguments around here.

Another good thing is my husband understands that I can only take so much Christmas before December has even begun. I mean we are already inundated with it at the stores. So he only turns the Christmas lights on from about five until about the time we go to bed. I'm trying hard not to be the Grinch.

So I've posted a picture of our Christmas tree. Luckily we got a shot of it with presents underneath and not bare. This year we put it right in front of the window and put our coffee tables on either side with garland and large ornaments. Nautical theme there with the red and green. Hazard of living with a sailor. Port and starboard lights as it were.

We don't have a mantel so I bought something to hang our stockings from. They have things stuffed in them now. So they are much fuller now.

And of course there's Slushy our snowboarding snowman. I got him in a Chinese gift exchange at work last year. Love him! It's just not Christmas without him. We also have a lovely wreath hanging on our front door, but I don't have a picture of it. Maybe next year.

Still waiting on that snow for a white Christmas. I won't hold my breath nor will I hope for lots. You can keep that cold junk!

No comments: