Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Where Have All The Icons Gone?

Growing up in the 80's I remember lots of fun commercials with popular characters. When commercials were cute, not annoying. But you don't see that as much anymore. Sure there are a few still out there. But where did they go? I mean Captain Crunch is still out there and you occasionally see Toucan Sam for Fruit Loops. Where's Geoffrey the giraffe for Toys R Us? I haven't seen Tony the Tiger in forever. I miss hearing him say 'They're Grreat!' What about Sugar Bear for Sugar Crisps? And Sonny who went cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. You occasionally see that silly rabbit who wants Trix. And the leprechaun that's trying to keep the kids away from his Lucky Charms, but not all that much. What about the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bakers? And the crook and his dog for Cookie Crisp? What about Frankenberry, Count Chocula and Booberry? Does anyone remember these guys? Or have I truly gone off the deep end? How about Snap, Crackle and Pop? Or Dig Em the frog? You still catch glimpses of the Honey Bee for Honey Nut Cheerios. I'm sure there are tons more, but that's all I can think of. And that's just the cereal icons. What about the Noid? And that's just a few. I could go on forever, but I've got other things to do today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn girl... no more chex mix for you! You have put way too much thought into the whole cereal thing today!