Saturday, December 20, 2008

Growing Older

So yesterday was my birthday. It sucks to get older. Now granted I'm not ancient and I'm in reasonably good health. Still there are times when I ask myself where did all the time go? And holy crap! Where did that gray hair come from? What happen to the young girl I used to see in the mirror? I think everyone should be able to freeze at a certain age. Don't you? Okay I'm done griping. Maybe. This is not a rant I swear!

So I got lots of phone calls and emails from family and friends wishing me happy birthday. Thank you everyone for that. And Tim, I'm sorry I missed your call. My sweet baboo took me out for breakfast. He had the day off. Which was really cool. He then took me to get an outfit. Hey! The man is hardly ever home so I don't fault him for not being able to get me a birthday present before said birthday. At least my hubby got me something I wanted. How many wives can say that? Hopefully more than I'm thinking at the moment. And then we went to get me a new pair of glasses. Hey real life still happens.

By the afternoon we were ready to head to Ingleside Winery for some more Rosato. We were running low. It was also a good excuse to see our buddies back at the winery. Plus they have their champagne now and I had to have a bottle.

As luck would have it the winemaker and his wife were having an Open House/Christmas party at their beautiful home and we were invited. Bill, Maria it was wonderful! Thank you for having us. We saw people that we hadn't seen in forever. Had some yummy food. Met Maria's mom and cousin from Venezuela. And I think I really need to learn Spanish now. And of course we had wine.

The hubby and I finally left around 11. Which means we didn't get home until somewhere around 1:30-2 a.m. time frame. We had to make a stop along the way. So of course we slept in this morning. But at around 8:30 there was a knock on the door. I don't know who freaked out more. Me, the hubby or the poor FedEx guy. Kaiser went bonkers and scared my sweet baboo awake. There's no way you can go back to sleep after that.

All in all it was a pretty good day. And I have my sweet baboo to thank for that. So thank you darling!

No comments: