Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our Fourth of July Weekend

So over the Fourth of July weekend I flew out to Jacksonville, FL to visit my sweet baboo. He was in Mayport for a short duration.

And he did his best to make sure that I had a blast. So we got 5 day hopper passes to Disney!!! How absolutely cool is that?

So where were we on the Fourth of July? Epcot Center!

I think our favorite thing was the Test Track. I also enjoyed Mission: Space. Was not really what I expected. But I thought it was fun. A little disorienting, but fun. We also went to The American Adventure and watched the show.

We managed to get in at the German Octoberfest. We ate at a buffet and sat with total strangers. Something that I wasn't sure if we'd like. But it was actually tons of fun. And the hubby and I both had 1/2 liters of German beer. The glasses were HUGE!

We also managed to stop briefly to the Magic Kingdom. We did not stay for the fireworks. I was exhausted and so was the hubby. And we had a 2 1/2 hour drive back to the hotel. Thank you my sweet baboo for doing the driving. I really appreciate it.
On the second day we started out a Animal Kingdom. Their Tree of Life was really kind of cool to look at. I'm sure we could have spent hours trying to identify all the animals in it. However I had other things I wanted to do, so we didn't meander through the paths to the tree.

We rode Kali River Rapids, which I wasn't all that impressed with, and Expedition Everest. I really liked the last one. It was a fun roller coaster. This was the day that I got to meet up with the characters.
Of course I had to have my picture with Eeyore. How can you not love him? He's adorable. And I must say that there were more adults, like me, in line than there were with children at times. And honestly I will not bore you with all the pictures we got, but will share a few.

Tigger was a lot of fun. He actually got into the hubby's face and practically dragged him up to have his picture taken with us. He even put his nose in front of our camera. So we do have a sot of Tigger's nose. He liked the fact that the hubby's shirt was orange and striped just like him.

One of the things that I did notice was that the characters noticed if you had a lanyard with pins on it. And they would look for themselves on the lanyard. I had to pinky swear to Donald that I would get a pin of him for on my lanyard. Yes you read that right! I had to pinky swear. So this is a picture of me explaining myself. To a duck! He wasn't the only one to notice. Goofy and Tigger noticed as well. But Donald was the only one to make me swear that I would remedy the situation.
So after spending half the day at the Animal Kingdom we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

We finished the day off here.

We only did one ride, the Tower of Terror. I'm not sure I liked the ride, but seeing as it was hot and I was a bit dehydrated I think that may have had an impact on my feeling.
We mainly wandered around and saw a show or two.
I was highly disappointed to find absolutely no Si and Am merchandise. So the hubby took a picture of me in the Villains in Vogue to try and ease the disappointment. Nary a pin, tee shirt or mug had my favorite Disney characters on them.
And since I could not find Daisy, my sweet baboo took this picture. We know that Colten really likes Daisy Duck.

No comments: