Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I've Learned No...

IS a complete sentence.

And sadly, I have yet to learn how to say it. And make it stick.

Women always seem to take on much more than they honestly should. We strive to do it all. We're the stay at home mom/wife or the career woman. Plus we are our spouse's better half. ;-)

As a military spouse I feel we some times take on even more. We are the maid, chauffeur, at times a secretary, chef, maintenance man and yard boy. Not to mention if you have kids there are times when you are mom and dad. And I'm sure that there are many other jobs that I have left out. Not to mention any social groups you may be involved in. Be it the PTA, the Civic League, a book club, a sport of some sort or social group.

I'm learning I'm a bit of a people please-er, always taking on more jobs because it's asked of me. Never thinking that it's okay to say no to all these things.

That is until my body revolted. After all the stress of trying to do it all my body has informed me I MUST slow down. So I will listen and start turning things down. Politely I promise! I guess I'm a slow learner. But I promise I will learn this lesson.

So don't be surprised, to all my friends and family, if the next time you ask me for something I tell you no.

And that's my ten cents for the day.

No comments: