Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Anchor Run 5K

Registration
On May 19th I was fortunate enough to be the photographer for the first Anchor Scholarship 5K.  If you don't know anything about the Anchor Scholarship, I highly recommend that you visit their website.

And yes, if you click on the 2013 Anchor Run 5k all the pictures in the presentation are mine!  Hooray me!

A family that runs together...  Is crazy!
This is a fantastic foundation that awards scholarships to dependents of the Surface Navy.  Dependent means children and spouse, in case you didn't know.  If you fit in that category or think you might, just read up their rules.  It is open to enlisted and officers.  There's no favoritism here!

And I know some of the cutest families!  I knew a number of people in the race so I was sure to get their pictures so that they might preserve the insanity (cough, cough) I mean bonding experience.
Prepare to be trampled.
I'm sorry but this shot of the guy laying there to get the shot is just hilarious and awesome.  Sadly he had to get up for we feared that he would be trampled.

The Winner
Still an awesome idea though!  I always love to see the other angles people will try to get a shot.  Who knows?  I might use it some day.  However, in this instance I think I will pass.  I have an aversion to being trampled.

I finished taking photos of all the racers and then walked a block or two up the road to get shots of people running for the finish.  I was there maybe 5 minutes or so when this guy ran past.  Of course he was the over all winner.  He did the 5k in something like 18 minutes.  Wow!
He's going the distance!

I cheered as much as possible and got a number of people to smile.  It was a lot of fun.  Well especially for me because I didn't run.  LOL
Listening to his tunes

I cheered for my friends and their kids and spouses.  We had a really good turn out.  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Thank you to everyone who came out to support Anchor Scholarship.  I hope we see you all and many more next year.


Father & daughter run together
Mother & daughter clowning around

No pictures please!
What do you want from me?




Adorable couple







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

- Emma

emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Love this!! What a great event that was. Thanks for all of your help, Michelle...you are awesome!!

Unknown said...

Hi there Michelle! I just got done checking out your blog and just wanted to say that I'm glad I stopped by! Being that you are an navy wife, I had a quick question and was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance. Thanks! – emilywalsh688 [at] gmail [dot] com.

Emily