Thursday, July 27, 2017

Reconnecting

Moving from one side of the country to another was, I'll admit, really hard for me.  I left behind a lot of wonderful friends.

However, I do have a number of friends from the East Coast who have moved to the West Coast.  But I digress...

So color me thrilled when I discovered two of my three besties from high school were coming for a trip to California.  Bonus?  One of the three besties lives here!

Mindy came in June.  So I drug her out to Coronado to see the sparkling gold sand, live sand dollars, the Hotel Del Coronado and of course the Coronado Bridge.  If I had more time I would have taken her to even more places.  Plus it just wouldn't be a party if we didn't get together for a meal and drinks.  The last time I saw Mindy and Adina we were NOT of drinking age.  And I'm not going to say how long ago that was.  As an added perk, Jim was able to take Mindy and Adina's son on a tour of an LCS (Littoral Combat Ship).  What a great time!

Rachel came in July with her family.  They came right at ComicCon time so San Diego was crazier than usual.  Again we all met up and got to tour the USS Gabby Gifford, which is the newest Navy ship.  Sensing a theme here?

This gave our friends a tiny glimpse into military life.

It was so great to reconnect with these ladies.  And I hope we don't wait another twentyish years to see each other again.






No comments: