Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

For something like five years now there has been a tradition in my household. It started out with my best friend and I carving pumpkins, watching cheesy scary movies (Are there any other kind?) and eating pizza. Something for the two of us to do while the husbands were out to sea. Cheesy scary movies are great for Halloween.

I call this one Witch's Brew. Pretty obvious I know, but it seemed appropriate this year for some reason. For some reason this year I had a hard time coming up with a pattern. Normally my problem is trying to figure out which pattern to use. This one seems to pop though. I like it. Patterns are reasonably easy to find now too. This year I toned it down though. I only carved one pumpkin. Where as I normally carve two or three. Oh well there's always next year.

Once the hubby was home for my favorite holiday he got included. Now the grand tradition is to watch 'The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown' while carving your pumpkin. And of course the night is not complete without pizza. We don't have cheap Billy's pizza here, but Roma's does the job almost as well. Of course I never know when or if they'll air this Peanuts classic so I have it on DVD to view whenever we deem it time to carve pumpkins. Normally mere days before Halloween. Many a time in the past the cartoon was aired early and our pumpkins started to turn to mush. Yuck!

The hubby has a theme that he's stuck with for a number of years. Hey if it ain't broke, don't fix it. A pirate ship. This one's the Black Pearl. Nicely done. He always finishes before me. His gut and cut method is a bit better for some reason. Which ticks me off a bit because I've been doing this just a bit longer. Oh well!

No comments: