Sunday, November 11, 2007

Barrel Tasting

No this does not mean I gnawed on wood. So don't ask if I got any splinters.

A barrel tasting is when you sample wine from the barrel. They use a wine thief to take wine out of the barrel for your glass. It's very interesting and different from how things are in the bottle. November 10th the Ingleside Vineyards had their fall barrel tasting. They tried Chardonnay, one of which was only six weeks old. I happened to be there when they picked the grapes and crushed them. So I felt kinda special that they tried it. We also tried a 2006 and 2007 Cabernet Franc. I'm not the biggest Cab Franc fan, but the 2007 is going to be fantastic! Much more powerful than the 2006.

This year was an excellent harvest due to the dry season. I'll be interested to see how the 2007 Cab Franc turns out since it was only 6 weeks old when we tried it.

No comments: