Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So That's Where I Get It From

Most people seem to think that I have a bit of a drinking problem. Well now I see where I get it from. Just teasing. Honestly I don't have a problem. I just enjoy wine. Nothing wrong with that. Especially since I work at a winery, Ingleside. One of the hazards of the job so to speak. LOL

So my parents arrived yesterday for Thanksgiving. So today we decided to go to my winery, since Mom has not been there, and do a tasting. Dad had visited earlier this summer and got to do a tasting, but he tried them again to refresh his memory. :-) Mom's a sweet wine drinker. I won't hold that against her though. Dad likes the sweet ones too. I'm still working on them. It'll just take some time.

I also got to introduce them to a few of my coworkers. And they got to meet the wine maker and assistant wine maker. Which was cool. We stopped and chatted for a bit.

Our next stop was Oak Crest, which they loved because there was lots of sweet wine. The owner poured our wines. She remembered me from Ingleside and we chatted a bit.

After that we headed to Fredericksburg to Bonefish Grill for dinner. But we stopped at Total Wine to find some pour-ers for Mom and some beer for the boys. Bit of a misnomer there since they have beer and wine. But we killed some time there and had fun.

Should I be concerned that the manager remembered me and knew I worked at Ingleside? I think that might mean I hang out there just a tad too much.

Bonefish Grill is a favorite of Jim and mine. We had a very nice meal. The service was excellent as always and the food was good. I had steak. Mom had pork. Jim and Dad had the fish special. My only mini complaint would be that they were out of Ingleside Petit Verdot. Which would have been fantastic with my steak. But that's really not their fault. They had very recently run out. I had the Ingleside Sangiovese instead. Which was nice.

We headed home and I opened a dessert wine for Mom and prepared my turkey for frying tomorrow. She polished off the small bottle of Williamsburg Winery Late Harvest Vidal and then finished off the half bottle of Symphony Sweet from Oak Crest.

So now you know how much wine Mom's drinking while she's here sis! Let's just say that she's sleeping well tonight.

No comments: