Sunday, February 24, 2008

Farewell Party

I'm coming upon the final days of my job at the winery. And a group of my buddies got together and decided that we needed to have a party. I think they're celebrating that I'm leaving. :-) So my friend, Sandy (pictured above) decided to organize it. She asked me to pick a date and what I wanted to do. I said I would love to be able to just sit around and chat with everyone. So she had it at her house.
She made up invitations and I'm told sent out around 50. She invited everyone I'd worked with. Wow! That's a lot of people in the two years I've been there. I think around 20 showed up. This is a picture of the few stragglers at the end of the party.

I even got to see people who had left the vineyard. Barry, our former vineyard manager, was there. Although I don't call him by his given name, but a nickname that I gave him when I first started at the winery. Yes, he was there when I made it up and does respond to said nickname. And apparently I'm not the only person who calls him by that name.

And you can see in this picture that even my hubby will be missed as Sarah and Andrea give him a hug. Or maybe their thanking him for taking me away. :-)
It really was heart warming to see all these people in one place to send us off. And those who couldn't make it had sent their well wishes. We are like a family at Ingleside. And I'm going to miss them.
Kinda looks like Jameson's going to miss me more than Sarah though. LOL I call him my other hubby, because for some reason customers thought that we were married. I talk about my hubby a lot at the winery and people just jumped to the conclusion. Well that and we all flirt a little. Sarah did say I could have him if I wanted him. I told her I'd have to think on that one.

I have to thank Sandy for taking all those wonderful pictures for me. I forgot to charge my battery on my camera and couldn't use it very much. Needless to say their were tons of photo ops that I wish I had taken advantage of. And these are just a few that I've posted. And what a fitting way to finish this with a picture of me and the big boss Doug. Thank you Ingleside for a wonderful 2 years!

And Sandy if you by chance read this... Thanks for everything! You ROCK! It was a fantastic party. The food was great and the company fantastic. You know how to make a girl feel special.

No comments: