Friday, May 30, 2008

Why I Hate Rude People

For the past three nights someone with a 252 area code has been calling my hubby's cell phone at one in the morning. Hence my title.

The first night, Tuesday, I jerked awake to hear the phone ringing and I was fearing the worst. Why else would someone call at such an hour? It could only mean bad news. Only to miss the call because I was fumbling around in the dark and couldn't distinguish which phone was ringing. No message was left and all we had was the phone number, which we didn't recognize. We figured it was someone drunk who had the wrong number. I still wanted to wring their neck, but went to bed. Hey some of the world does have to get up in the morning.

The next night, Wednesday, the phone didn't ring. At least we didn't hear it. But there was a text message from the same number. WTF! It basically was a booty call. Telling the person they missed them and wanted to come over. At one in the morning! So I glowered at the hubby and he swore he didn't know this person. I joke I know my hubby wouldn't do that. Not if he wants to live. Geez! He did look up the area code and discovered it was from the North Carolina area. Hmm. Interesting. We speculated and laughed and forgot about it.

Last night I swore I was going to take hubby's phone to bed so I could blister this idiot's ears, but I forgot. The phone rang at one in the morning, but I didn't get to it before they hung up. Just as I climbed back into bed the idiot called again. I was able to get there before they hung up this time. And here's how that conversation went.

Me: Hello?

Nothing but lots of background noise. I think they were startled that someone answered.

Me: Hello? Hello? (Hey I've been woken from my sleep and now the idiot doesn't want to talk. I'm getting pissed.)

Idiot: Oh I think I may have the wrong number. (Still lots of background noise. I'm guessing she's at a bar.)

Me: Yeah you do. Stop calling my house at one in the morning. (I growled this at the woman and promptly hung up.)

Yes that's right it was a woman! Not only did the twit call twice last night, she didn't even say I'm sorry I think I have the wrong number. She probably looked at the phone and thought I was a total bitch. Just because you're a hoochie that's used to making booty calls at one in the morning doesn't mean everyone is going to be pleasant when you call. Some of us work during the day. I wonder if she realizes that she was given a fake number. Probably not. She didn't sound that bright.

Now is it evil of me that I now want to call her at six in the morning? Couldn't you just imagine that conversation?

Idiot: Hello?

Me: Did I wake you?

Idiot: Huh?

Me: How do you like it moron! Learn some manners!

Okay maybe I'm sleep deprived. I doubt it would work like that. But hey the hubby got a chuckle out of it. All I want is a night of uninterrupted sleep. Is that too much to ask for? What happened to manners? Grr!

Okay I'm done.

No comments: