Thursday, June 26, 2008

That's The Way The Cookie Crumbles

This post is a bit late, but I was told to wait before I put it up. So I did. Cause on occasion I do put my listening ears on. =)

So Monday night when the hubby and I got back from his softball game there was an email from his detailer asking him to contact her. Nothing makes shivers go up your spine quite like a message like that. It can't be happy news. I mean we were, at the time, a little over a week away from house hunting leave. My only thought. Crap we're being sent to the west coast or worse overseas.

I'm sure that many people are out there thinking what's the big deal? You're a military spouse. Aren't you supposed to do this sort of stuff? Now I know that in Navy life, nothing is set in stone. But we're all set to buy a house in Virginia. And if I have to move somewhere else I'm thinking I may have a melt down. There's a lot of planning involved and I haven't researched any other areas. Yes I know I'm a bit anal. I like to know what I'm getting into. And I'm thinking buying plane tickets to find a place to live on the west coast is going suck! Especially since there's so little time now.

I'm starting to panic slightly as I listen to the one sided conversation of yeses and uh-huhs. Once my sweet baboo gets off the phone though he reassures me that all is well in our lives. We're still going to Virginia. Imagine my relief. He's just not going to the ship of his choice. Uh oh. The shoe has dropped. I swear the man can read me like a book though. Which is good since we've been married nearly 15 years now. He reassured me that he's going to the same class of ship in the same area and will have the same job.

Thank goodness! I swear sometimes I honestly wonder if they try and see if they can't get someone to freak out by pulling this stuff. I nearly had a coronary. Of course we found out later why this all happened, but that's something I'm not at liberty to discuss. =) All I know is the hubby isn't disappointed. And actually got to meet the incoming XO while he was up here in Newport. And that's all that matters to me. Plus we know one person that's going to the ship now because she's up here going to school too. Cool!

Just remember there are always consequences for your actions.

No comments: