Monday, July 21, 2008

Damn Cute!

I've learned that I really need to watch what I say around my friend's kids. Over the 4th of July weekend we were able to visit our buddies Steve, Greta and Colten. I'm normally pretty good about watching what I say around the little ones, but this one slipped past me. Colten (The adorable monster that he is.) did something to amuse us and I turned to the hubby and said he was just so damn cute. It's not like I shouted it, but still little pitchers have big ears.

I thought nothing more about it until we went back to Norfolk for a home inspection. We were able to see Greta and Colten again. Greta then asks which one of us taught him 'damn cute'. Uh oh! I raised my hand after a moment of hesitation. I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast. Of course the hubby was laughing his butt off. Apparently while dressing said child one day Greta informed him that he looked cute. He corrected her and told her 'No Mommy I'm damn cute.' Well color me embarrassed. There's no need to worry about his hearing. That's for sure.

So of course I had to share some photos of him so everyone can understand why I would say such a thing in the presence of a child. He's just so damn cute! And by the way, he wasn't that close to me and I said it in a fairly quietly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont worry too much Michelle. You know the two of us could teach him much worse (and most likely will) when you get back. I am with him 24/7 and still forget how much he picks up. at least it wasnt the F-Bomb.
Greta

Anonymous said...

Colton certainly has his mother's smile! It will be nice to see him when we visit Theo and his parents in Norfolk.
mma