Monday, July 14, 2008

Assignments

I recently started attending a Digital Photography class. Actually it began at the end of June. I was a bit nervous, considering I haven't been in school for nearly 14 years. I'm taking this class purely for enjoyment. And went out and bought myself a new digital camera. So far we've played with lighting and shutter speed. We don't get a lot of direction and are just told to go out and take pictures. But we are playing in Adobe Photo Shop quite a bit.

So I thought I would bore everyone with a few of my photos. The first one is a motion shot. I find these shots to be the hardest and am still working on them. I put the shutter speed on a slower speed and followed the moving subject. It was taken over 4th of July weekend while the hubby and I were in the Virginia Beach area. This one is a still life composition taken at one of the beaches in Rhode Island. This was a fun one to do.

My teacher seems to prefer outdoor shots to the indoor, so I'm trying to stick with that. This class has helped me in looking at things with a totally different perspective. I look for little details so much more than I used to. In fact I've even gotten the hubby and friends in on this. They're always on the lookout for good photo ops. And the camera always seems to be with me. This is just a shot of a fence line, but I really liked the scroll work on it.

So not only am getting out into that fresh wonderful air and getting a tan. But I'm also getting exercise from the walks I'm taking to find these pictures. And of course I always make sure that I print off the pictures the teacher mentions that he likes. I'm no dummy. I'll be graded on 10 photos at the end of the semester and it's coming up quickly. So anything he says he likes I'm keeping just to ensure my grade isn't crap! =)

1 comment:

Diana Joy said...

Hey Girl!
I just recieved your e-mail...yeah...I know...a little late. I usually don't use yahoo and so I didn't find yours until today. AWESOME BLOG!
God bless you and your family!
Diana Joy
www.unseenchild.com