Friday, August 22, 2008

Up Among The Clouds

I realize that it's been forever since my parents were here, but with the computer crashing and all I wasn't able to post. So I'll try and catch everything up. Here's hoping I remember it all. Hey I can barely remember yesterday and this stuff happened last month!

On the 28th of July we took a helicopter ride with Bird's Eye View. It had to be rescheduled a couple of times due to the weather, but we finally managed it. My mom is even more afraid of flying than I am. Who knew? But she survived it. This is a picture of my parents with the pilot, Jeff. He was even kind enough to take a picture of the three of us together. Dad sat up front, while I sat in back with Mom and held her hand. My dad, being the curious guy that he is, asked all kinds of questions about the helicopter and such. Which I found very interesting.

This is a shot that I thought to take while we were flying. It's a dairy farm in Portsmouth, RI. I couldn't quite make out what the design was at the time. Apparently the guy does a different design every year and people wander about this maze. Very interesting. The shot was taken as we had almost completely passed the thing so I was kinda proud of myself for getting the shot. It was lovely while we were up there, but I think Mom was thankful to be back on the ground. Thanks for being a trooper Mom!

So I took this photo to class and started playing with it in photo shop. I decided that I needed to go out of my comfort zone and got this. My professor was really pleased that I decided to do this. With the color in it you can really see the design of the maze. Apparently my professor had been out the this dairy farm and taken pictures. So it was cool that I had that slight connection to him. He even suggested that I take the before and after photos to the Escobar's farm to show them what I had done. Yes I did print both photos off and used them as part of my final project. It's a nice idea, but I have no idea how to get to this guy or if he'd even care. So I'll just keep my photos.

1 comment:

LindaWright said...

I love this picture and the colors you added! What a clever idea.