Friday, February 6, 2009

An Afternoon With A Bundle Of Energy

So after leaving Becky's house I called my good buddy, Greta, and basically invited myself over. She was interested in seeing the pictures that I took at Becky's. I'll admit that I was all for the kudos that I got from my friend.

Upon seeing the camera, Colten, wanted his picture taken. So when I sat him on Mom's lap and told him to smile he stuck out his tongue. Hmm. I think I'll need to give a bit more direction on this one. I went from three month old to three year old.

Three year olds are a bit easier to get them to do what you want. Especially when they want to have their picture taken. So instead of just telling him to smile I had to tell him to say funny words.

Purple people eater worked. And even got me to chuckle. Pickles is always a good one. So is Yankee Doodle Dandy. And there is always the stand by of Cheese. And it's always a hoot to hear a three year old say these things.


I told him to give Mommy a hug. What can I say three year olds are easily directed when it means they get their picture taken.

In all reality I probably should have put my camera on action when I told Colten to hug his mom. That's why the photo is a bit blurry.

Lesson learned. Three year olds are a bundle of energy and can only be caught on film while in motion if you use a faster shutter speed. That's why they put the action or sports selection on digital cameras. Duh!

Hopefully Greta will find something in the batch that I sent her to email her hubby.

A good photo of your loved ones can always bring a smile to your face.

No comments: