Friday, February 6, 2009

Morning With Mommy & Baby

So I know many of my readers out there are asking themselves. Self, what does Michelle do with herself these days? Well my three readers that are out there, never fear! I'm going to tell you. Nothing! I'm kidding. Kind of.

I'm sure you noticed that adorable picture to your left and that will clue you in. I spent the morning with my friend Becky and her three month old daughter, Clare. Yes, Aunt Shell has the magic touch. I can make a baby giggle without even touching her. You should hear the belly laughs when I blow raspberries on the belly. But I digress.

So I spent the good chunk of this morning with Becky and her lovely little one. It was a very nice girls only morning. I took a ton of pictures and was rewarded with a very yummy breakfast.

Becky thinks she looks tired, but I think she looks fine. You can see that mommy and daughter have that special bond.

There were, of course, a few wardrobe changes. How could we not? She has so many adorable outfits! And as you can see from this photo Clare got into the role of model. It nearly screams diva.

I had Becky laughing when I told Clare that a model's life would not be as fun as it looks. Early morning calls, constant dieting, it's just not for this precious little girl.

Too much pressure. Go the easy route. Be a scientist and cure cancer. I think that's a much better goal. Don't you?

One of the key things that I have found to do when photographing a young child is to keep on the move. That and take tons of pictures. You'll eventually get that one that is just awesome!

I kept moving so that Clare would not ignore me. A baby who does not look at you does not make a good picture. That and I kind of like taking pictures of my subjects from a different angle. Straight on has been done to death. That and I don't always center my subject.

Catches you eye a bit better. In my opinion anyway. I have about a hundred more pictures, but I thought I'd just put up a sampling of a few of my favorites.

And this is a note to all of my friends. You are forewarned, if I photograph you, you will more than likely show up on my blog.

I love this. I've already titled it 'Little Kicks'. I've stolen the phrase from 'Seinfeld' but it's all I could think of when I saw this last picture.

Children have the best ideas. Dance to the song in your head and act like nobody's watching. Be carefree. Kids are a great subject. They don't care. And if you're lucky you can catch something magical.

Thank you Becky and Clare for letting me share a wonderful morning with you.

1 comment:

Mama T said...

Love the top picture of the close up of Clare.