Saturday, April 25, 2009

Luncheon

So Thursday I attended a Joint Services Luncheon at Fort Monroe. It was held by the Fort Monroe Spouses & Civilians' Club. And for those of you who may not understand any of what I just posted, it was a luncheon for spouses from all branches of the military. I know Navy, Air Force and Army were represented, but I'm not sure about the other branches.

It was a lovely event. There were even vendors there showing off their wares. Sadly this will be the last Joint Services Luncheon held at Fort Monroe, because the base is scheduled to close in 2011. That's why they entitled it 'Thanks for the Memories...'. There were many pictures of past luncheon gatherings. It was very interesting to see the pictures, because styles have drastically changed. As do many things. I can only imagine what people will think in 20-30 years about the styles we wore.

Our guest speaker was Heloise. And yes I mean the woman of Hints from Heloise fame. She was a wonderful speaker. She kept things light and made us all laugh.

I never realized she was a military brat. But then how well do we know anyone. It's not like we were best buddies or anything. But she has a way of making you feel special. And I'm glad I got the opportunity to hear her speak.

And yes I took that photo with my phone. I had to take quite a few of them because she moved around a lot. Which was nice, since I didn't have to constantly crane my neck to see her.

No comments: