Monday, June 1, 2009

Mother Nature Isn't As Sweet As Some Claim

You know how they say it's not nice to mess with Mother Nature. Well I'm declaring war on the witch! And she started it.

It all started over the Memorial Day weekend. My sweet baboo and I were working out in our yard. Mowing, raking, cleaning and pulling leaves. You know trying to keep our property healthy. On Monday I notice a rash on my neck, elbows and chest. I figured it was heat rash, due to the location of it and the fact that I had been sweating a lot. Hey it was hot that weekend.

However, it started to spread. So I know I have poison ivy,
poison oak, poison sumac or, get this one, Virginia Creeper. I didn't even know about this one until yesterday. It doesn't affect most people. Which would explain why my sweet baboo is unaffected. But can apparently present like poison ivy. At least that's what I've been told. Ugh!

So I started using Benadryl cream, calamine lotion and taking Benadryl to keep it at bay. I also started sleeping on the couch to prevent infecting anyone else in the house. Needless to say I've been miserable.

By Friday it was so bad that I couldn't use the Benadryl cream because it hurt. Brought me to tears, that's how bad it was. So I immediately made a doctor's appointment. Luckily they could get me in the next day, early. I wished it was sooner, but hey I'll take what I can get.

So now I'm on a steroid to help keep the itchiness down. And of course one of the side effects is sleeping problems. Hence the reason I'm up at two in the morning writing this. I got about 3 hours of sleep before I decided to start this rant.

So it's on Mother Nature. I will get you back for this. Not only are you making me itchy and irritable. You are messing with my sleep. No one wants to be around me when I'm crabby. Hell I don't even want to be around me. I will get you back for this. I don't know how and I don't know when, but I will.

Now I need to put more calamine lotion on and try not to wake the hubby.

The only thing keeping me sane (or somewhat sane) is the calamine lotion and the Poison Ivy soap my buddy Greta makes. BTW Greta I need more!

No comments: