Saturday, October 17, 2009

Howl-O-Scream

So last weekend the hubby and I went to Busch Gardens for the day. We haven't been in like 2 years and figured we should go. It's Howl-O-Scream and that used to be a tradition for us when we were in the area. Plus free tickets. Busch Gardens used to do a Here's To Our Heroes thing that gave military and their dependents free tickets for one day.

Not sure if that will be going on anymore due to the new management. Many things have changed since the Busch family sold the place. Most importantly? No more beer tastings! WTF? Not smart in my humble opinion. Why not try out your newest products here? You have a large buying base that comes to the place. Ugh!

Don't get me wrong, they still sell beer on the premises. Thank goodness!

Of course the favorite ride of the hubby and mine is the Big Bad Wolf. You can see it in this photo. Sadly it's been closed down. It was having too many issues and I was told it would be closed down by the end of this season. So we were hoping to get one last ride. That was not to be though.

I'm not sure that we'll be going back though. The price has gone up. Again. And the food really isn't that good. The ride we enjoyed is gone. And lets face it, we hate crowds.

So sadly, I'm saying goodbye to Busch Gardens. We've been going there for probably 15 years and I think our time has come to an end. It was fun while it lasted.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Oh no! Big Bad Wolf was my favorite, too!