Friday, November 20, 2009

Whimsical Wines

I have been a bit remiss in my posting as of late. I could blame it on the fact that we lost power for a bit during the weekend, but that really doesn't hold water. I'll admit it. I've been lazy.

So on this past Friday the Surface Officer Spouse group hosted a wine tasting. Yes I realize it was Friday the 13th, but really who is put off on that day? I mean I got married on a Friday the 13th.

The theme was 'Whimsical Wines' and we tried about 10 of them. There were three reds and three whites. Two sweet wines and a sparkling wine as well. So no matter what your taste, you would find something you liked. My favorites were Fire Road Sauvignon Blanc and Misterio Malbec. A white and red. See I can be well rounded.

We did have a Nor'easter blow through, which made for a lot of nasty weather. But that did not deter many from attending the event. In fact I was eager to attend since I had no power.

A good time was had by all. There were door prizes, wonderful wine, yummy food and great conversation.

And to think all the proceeds from this event are used as seed money for the Auction that SOS holds in the spring. That in turn goes to scholarship money. All for a good cause.

No comments: