Saturday, January 2, 2010

Awaiting 2010

So for New Year's Eve we had our friends over for dinner and drinks. Of course their son didn't get the drinks. I'm trying harder to bring my camera out more. And as you'll be able to tell, Colten does enjoy having his picture taken. He is by no means camera shy. Which is good since I need to get back in the swing of taking pictures.

I even got my buddy to drink some of our wonderful Special Reserve Petit Verdot. She's not much of a red wine drinker, so I had to snap this one. I now have proof that she will drink red wine, but only if it's exceptionally good. And ours was.

My husband's grandpa used to make him do this. Kid's are so gullible! So he decide to dry it on Colten. And it did work for a bit. He kept looking around wondering what was so funny.

The silly things we do as children. Sadly I now have the evidence to torment him with when he's a teenager. He he he.

Seeing as we have no children, this makes our house just an awesome place for younger children to explore. There's so many things to get into and so many closed doors for them to open. Our treadmill was something that just HAD to be used. So the hubby turned it on and Colten walked on it for a bit. Which gave all of us a chuckle.

So Colten, after being told not to point his play gun at my cat, offered the gun up to Kyla. The funny thing was, it looked like Kyla was trying to pull the trigger. She was the only one of our two cats who would hang out with Colten. Pumpkin was just out of sorts with all the noise. Not that Colten was bad, he's just a little boy and little boys tend to be loud.

I had to get one of the guys. That's right I'm trying to do more pictures. In fact, I think I'll be taking my camera with me more often. The guys are having a beer and watching the Navy/Mizzou game. Yay Navy! Stomp the Tigers! While Colten demonstrates what a LOT of people will do to ring in the new year.

The hubby tried to tire Colten out by chasing him around and such. But it didn't seem to really work while they were here. The kid is the Energizer Bunny! He just kept going. Never slowing down. Apparently he went to bed not long after they got home. Which was before midnight.

Anyway here's to a happy new year!

No comments: