Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's A Small World After All

One thing you quickly learn is that it's a small Navy. You will meet up with people from your past at the oddest moments. I met Karen while my hubby was on shore duty. She also went to department head school at the same time. Well she was in town for a week doing some training. She and three of her class fellow classmates were sans vehicle, so I offered to drive. We went to movies, dinner and on their next to last day in my area we went to Busch Gardens.

And what was our first stop you might ask? The pub in Ireland of course. Karen brought a camera and I just got the pictures to post on my blog. So here we are at Grogan's Pub where we stopped for a beer and soft pretzels. So it was me (Yes I am hidden some what. And yeah I did plan it that way.), Karen, Craig and Ted.

So Karen and Craig decided to take me on the Griffon first thing. I'd never been on it before and they decided it would be a hoot to take me on it and put us in the very first row. Luckily I didn't scream any profanities on the first drop. And I did enjoy it by the second hill. Ted opted out on us. Not much of a roller coaster man.

It was a fun day. We had a few beers, ate some good food, saw some shows, and rode the roller coasters. Well Ted didn't do the last. But I think everyone had a good time.

And of course we couldn't pass up on a funny photo like this. Craig and Ted were good sports for posing for this one.

Fair winds and following seas guys. I'm sure we'll meet up again sometime in the future.

No comments: