Sunday, June 6, 2010

Reunions!

So one of the things we were able to do while on our baseball vacation was see two friends from high school. It had been 17 years since I'd seen Denise (the lovely brunette) and around 14 years since I'd seen Sheila (the lovely red head). I met Denise in Jr. High and we hung out pretty much our Freshman and Sophomore years. Jim and hung out with Sheila a lot our Senior year. In fact Sheila came to our wedding. Not many of our high school buddies can say that. It was FANTASTIC getting to catch up with them. I've told them that they and their families are welcome in our home any time. I even got to meet Sheila's daughter, who I held as a baby. Wow has she grown up! I miss you guys already!


Jim got a few pictures of the hotel we were staying at. We had stayed at Union Station for our honeymoon, so it was kinda nice to revisit it after nearly 17 years.

Although back then it was a Hyatt (I think) and now it's a Marriott. Still looks the same. Just different management. And sadly, Union Station' shopping isn't nearly as busy as it used to be. That's the way of things though I guess.

The really cool thing is that my baby brother, Tim, works there. So I got to see him. Which made me really happy. And yes I do realize that he's really tall. I am the oldest of the kids and the shortest. The little kids I used to rule over as the big sister? Well now they tower over me. I think that might be karma coming back to bite me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time, too. My only complaint was that it just wasn't enough time. :)

Michelle D. said...

There never is. I had so much fun seeing you both. I wish we could have had more time. And maybe next time I'll get to see your lovely family.