Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Cards

So today I went out with my friends to get some pictures for their Christmas cards. I really enjoy taking people's pictures and rarely get to do it.

So we went to the zoo in our area, because Monster loves the zoo.

I think the statue of the elephant in front of the zoo is awesome! It's made up of butterflies. Hopefully you can tell by looking at the picture. It's hard to tell from further away.

What's really neat, in my humble opinion, is that the butterfly on the trunk is made up of an elephant. So I titled the photos butterfly elephant for the first photo and elephant butterfly for the first.

I think it makes sense.

Don't you?


Our first stop was the turtle statue. This is something Monster's been playing on since he was knee high to a grasshopper, so I thought it quite fitting. Imagine my sheer delight when Daddy climbed on behind his son. It was like the inner child had just emerged. And I was so NOT missing that opportunity.

Of course it didn't take much convincing for Mommy to join them. I think this is just an adorable photo.

I can almost see the statue coming to life and plodding along with the trio on his back.

Our next stop? Why to view the most dangerous animal.

What is it you ask?

HUMANS!

Yet another cute photo of some of my favorite people.

And I couldn't end this without another photo of Monster. I told him that all monsters should be in cages, because they're scary. He thinks I'm nuts. He's probably right!

All in all it was a nice time. We didn't stay terribly long as it was chilly. But that was a good thing. It meant there weren't lots of people there to get in the way of our pictures.

No comments: