Friday, May 27, 2011

Decisions

Being an adult sucks! I wish I could go back to the days when the hardest decisions I made were what flavor Kool aid I wanted, which toy to play with and what cartoon to watch. Back when all boo boos were fixed with a kiss from Mommy. And our parents were super heroes. I was just waiting to see their super hero costumes.

Today I had to take my 14 year old dog to the vet. He'd been having some issues and I was hoping against hope that there would be an 'easy' fix to this. Sadly, this is not the case. The word cancer was mentioned and a biopsy was taken.

Now I wait to see what the results will say. However, we aren't very hopeful.

I know there are a lot of people out there who would shrug their shoulders and say so what, it's just a dog. Kaiser is not just a dog to me though. He's so much more. But I'm not going to go into that.

So this weekend is all about him. Naps with him when ever and where ever. Outside time even if I think it's too hot. And car rides!

What's that buddy? You want a cheeseburger? Okay lets go get one.

Yeah, he's spoiled but he's mine. And I'll do whatever I have to to make things better for him. That's part of being an adult who cares for their pet and realizes how precious time is.

Soon I'll have to make decisions. And it sucks! But I'll do what's best for him.

No comments: