Sunday, June 19, 2011

It's A Girl!

So the FUBAR incident from yesterday we now have our puppy! As of 12:30 pm EST we are again the proud parents of a 15 lbs. 2 oz. dog.

And she shall be called... Darby!

She's a one year old chihuahua short hair mix. At least that's what the SPCA claims. I don't really see it, but what do I know?

This is the first small dog I've ever owned, so there are a lot of things that will be new to me.

Like the fact I can pick her up. With ease I might add. I'm so not used to that.

Also she has no problems with any of our flooring, which means I have to do something to keep her away from the litter boxes. Which, by the way, she's found interesting.

Also she seems to feel the cold very easily, so it looks like I'm going to need to get her a doggy sweater.

The cats are peeved that we've brought home another animal, but other than that are unfazed. She's sniffed them but other than that could care less.

She enjoys sitting on the couch, under a blanket and watch TV with us. Cuddling is a really GOOD thing. And she's extremely fond of my hubby. What is it with animals of the female persuasion and my hubby? They can't seem to get enough of him. She likes to give kisses and hugs, because I honestly believe that she understands what we took her away from and the wondrous possibilities that lay ahead for her now.

Welcome to the family Darby! Prepare to be spoiled for the rest of your life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pure Awesome.

Unknown said...

that's super fun, i hope she's happy with you guys. :]