Saturday, June 18, 2011

A WTF Moment

So the hubby and I decided that we would like to open our home to a dog again. The house just feels empty with out a dog. So we go to our local SPCA, we've been the second home to most of our animals and felt it appropriate to find another dog who 'needed' us. We're not snobs about our animals pedigrees.

So we went to our local SPCA and found a dog that we liked and thought would be a good fit. We filled out the mountain of paperwork and spent some time with her. Of course there were 3 pieces of paper they needed before they could send her home with us. So we left at 3:20 to get said paper work. We were assured they would be open until 5. We got back at 4:05 to locked doors and a piece of paper taped to the door saying sorry for the inconvenience. I managed to get it and they REFUSED to even hear me out. Three pieces of paper for them to glance at and I could have paid the 'adoption' fee and taken the dog away. But no they could not be bothered with that. They had new dogs coming in and couldn't be bothered with me.

Needless to say we were OUTRAGED. What do you mean you don't want us to take the dog? Isn't that what you're try to do? Adopt dogs out? I'm sorry. How silly of me to think you would do your job!

I found the number for their Chief Executive Officer on the administrative staff and let him know exactly how I was treated and what I thought of all of it. Oddly enough, I got a call back within hours. The apologies abounded and I was assured that the manager of that locale would help me when I came in.

Still a 'What The Frak' moment. Are they not in the business of adopting out homeless animals? Shouldn't they want to help me?

This is not the first bad encounter I had with the SPCA. I have a feeling I may not be going to them again.

No comments: