Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trick Or Treat!

Pirate Ship Jack-O-Lantern
Posh Kitty Jack-O-Lantern
Most people know that Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday!

If you didn't know before, you know now.

Every year, when home, the hubby and I carve pumpkins while watching 'It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown'.  Normally we would eat cheap pizza as well, but we're on a diet so that was kept out of this year's festivities.

As he does every year, the hubby carved a pirate ship.  He got a number of compliments this year from adults as well as children.  I did the cute little kitty this year.


Fear the Darbysarus!
I don't want to look at the camera!
Now I normally make fun of people who dress their dogs, but now that I have a small dog myself I just couldn't help myself.

I really got a chuckle out of this costume.  Darby is in NO way mean or aggressive, so turning her into this fearsome creature was quite funny.  She doesn't sit well for taking photos, but this time I think she was mortified.  I will have to do a photo shoot with her again soon.

When my friends came over to trick or treat their son thought she was so cute and wanted a photo op.  Who was I to deny?
All smiles!
Don't they look a bit evil?

And as with every year since my buddy and her little one started trick or treating, they came to me for the photo op.  He's a ninja and the closest I can think to describe her costume is a modern geisha.

She's the cool kinda mommy who will put on a costume to go along with her kid's costume.  Cool mommy points there!

We gave out full size candy bars this year.  We had on hand a little over 90 pieces of candy.  At the end of the night we had about 20.  Close to 65 trick or treaters this year.  Lighter than last year, but still pretty good!

No comments: