Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Bash!

The phantom greeter

The masquerade centerpiece
My friend Angie has a Halloween party every year.  Every year has a theme.  Last year was come as someone or something dead and was a hoot!  This year was masquerade.

Had I known it was more geared towards Phantom of the Opera (my favorite!) I would have chosen a different costume.  Oh well!

Upon arrival you noticed the phantom at the door.  And of course I could not pass up on the photo of the lovely center piece.  There was trivia posted all over the house that you had to answer in order to play the game.  There are always prizes!

Our hostess

Stacey looking sexy!
As you can tell our hostess was lovely.  As always!

I do apologize for the quality of the photos, but all I had on me was my phone camera and the lighting was more for ambiance than for photo ops. LOL

And I had to get one of my buddy, Stacey, she just adorable.

Honestly these photos don't do them justice.    And I do have to admit that I was suffering from some major costume envy!



Sponge Bob and Tavern Wench
I must say that I was really glad that I wasn't the only person who wasn't exactly sure what the costume of choice was.  Many people were in gowns and masks, but there were a number of people like me who just wore a costume.

I was really lucky this year too! Although my dear hubby was unable to go with me, my buddy Deborah drove.  Which meant I could try all the drinks that were offered.  And I did!!!  In fact I went back and 'retried' two that I wasn't so sure about.  LOL
A pirate and his queen
There was video trivia at the end of the night.

I had to duel this vicious pirate (lol) but came out victorious in the end. What can I say? I'm a geek about horror movies. Although the newer ones were harder for me because I don't get to watch them as often. *sigh*  Luckily for me he was gracious about my win.

It was such a hoot!

A group of gals from SOS
I had to get a photo of this group.  Everyone in this group is a member of SOS.  That's the Surface Officer Spouse group.

It was so much fun to get to catch up with each other and dress up for fun instead of formal or semi-formal.

Angry bird and pig
I just had to get this last photo. It was quite clever on the parents part. Mom and Dad wore jeans, green long sleeve shirt, painted their faces green and had a pig snout. The little one wore all red and had a angry bird mask on a stick.

I thought it was very well done.

The party was a blast! Sadly this is the last one because, as is the case in the Navy, Angie will be moving.

Thanks for all the fun Angie!

And the better quality photos?  Well Angie took those.  Thanks for that too!

No comments: