Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What Do You Do With Your Time

I'm a stay at home Navy wife.  I don't have kids, so I HATE when people ask me this.  One, it's none of your business.  And two, it's so rude!  It's my time don't belittle me because I have decided not to have children and don't have a paying job.  That's not how I measure my worth.

Within the past month I came across a fantastic idea.  A friend I met on Facebook told me about volunteering at the Hampton Roads Naval Museum.  Thanks again Christina!

I filled out an application and within a week I was volunteering/working there!

I sit at the front desk when needed.  Do administrative work.  Take photos at events.  Whatever's needed.  And I love it!

And later on in life, if I decide that I want to get a job this will translate well.





No comments: