Saturday, December 8, 2012

Farmer's Market CSA - Week 10

There was no CSA for the week of Thanksgiving.  

And I have no photo to show you, so bear with me.  This week didn't really see all that inspired to me and the colors were SO bland that I decided to completely skip getting a photo of it.  It was all whites and greens.  Nothing to break it up and really blah.

We got a head of Cauliflower, which I know I can use in a soup.  Actually I am kind of looking forward to making a soup recipe that they included.  So yay on that front!

They gave us Crease Greens.  I'd never heard of them.  And to be honest I'm so terribly sick of all the greens that they include.  Ugh!  We aren't a big greens kind of family.  That and they tend to go bad before I can ever get to them.  *sigh*

Butter Beans.  Again!  I must say that we've had to pitch many of the bags that we've gotten because they've gone bad.  They're just really bland, in my opinion.  Don't get me wrong, they're great but we've gotten them more than three times (I think) so it feels like filler anymore.

Two Asian Pears!  I have missed these.  One was eaten almost immediately upon it's arrival at our house.  I love fruit and we don't get all that much.  So yay again!

Parsnips.  A blah color, but I've got a recipe for it to add to the cauliflower soup.  So I'm thinking that it will be quite tasty and filling.  Plus parsnips just cooked and mashed are good too!

Only two more weeks of CSA.  We'll see what it holds for us and if we'll decide to continue with the program.

No comments: