Saturday, December 8, 2012

Farmer's Market CSA - Week 11

Okay I've gotten lazy, I admit it.  There will be no photo of this haul either.  Just greens, browns, whites and a bit of red.  It did not inspire me to whip out the camera and set up a still life shot.

Red Sweet Potatoes.  More sweet potatoes?  Really?  I still have all the sweet potatoes from our other CSA veggies.  I think we may make some sweet potato chips.  That might be quite tasty!

Two White Potatoes.  Two?  Really?  And this was a 'bonus'.  So in other words they were looking for a cheap filler.  Don't get me wrong, I can use the potatoes.  I just thought this was really kind of odd.

Bok Choy.  I will have to try and use this before it goes bad.  Such is the sad state of things in my life.  My veggies expire before I can get around to using them.

Spaghetti squash.  I can ALWAYS use this.  So this makes me happy.  Especially since I love pasta and it isn't a diet friendly item.  So I can substitute spaghetti squash for spaghetti.  YUM!

And last but not least...  York Apples.  Can't really beat apples.  Something nice to snack on and add to your lunch.

There is one week left of our CSA experiment.  Sadly, I think we've decided not to continue on with it. We will still go to our farmer's market and buy things, but won't participate in the CSA.  We had way too many things go to waste, so it seems silly.  I think I'll just go once a week and browse the selection for new and fun things to try.

No comments: