Saturday, November 9, 2013

Oyster Roast

Tent set up.

On September 14th we attended the 2nd Annual Anchor Scholarship Oyster Roast.  What a BEAUTIFUL day to hold it.  The weather was glorious!

We had numerous volunteers out there to help with set up, the event and take down.  Myself and the hubby included.

Brianna and Emily
And a happier bunch I don't think you could find.

There was also a silent auction to help raise funds for the Anchor Scholarship Foundation.  Seems like I've been blogging about this foundation a lot lately doesn't it?  Ah well it's something near and dear to my heart.

Danielle
This did quite well.  We had 3 tables full of wonderful items that surface navy families from all over and local businesses donated for this event.  It's so great to see people come together for such a great cause.

I'm not using all the photos that I took from that day, because I took a LOT.  Plus I was in charge of the auction tables.  So it was a bit of frantic behavior coming from me.  But then again when am I not a bit frantic.

Anchor Scholarship Board
In case you didn't notice, volunteers wore Carolina blue or as I called it...  Light Blue!  And board members wore orange.  Which made things a bit difficult for the hubby to wear since he has a lot of orange and blue in his wardrobe.

Hubby and buddy, Christina.
There was barbecue and oysters.  Both raw and oysters.  YUM!  Thankfully we had shuckers so that we didn't have to fight with the oysters.  And of course, we recycled the oyster shells so that they can be reused.  Which really impressed me!  We're always trying to be green.

Two Admirals
 Of course we had beer from O'Connor Brewing and wine.  Big shout out to O'Connor Brewing for all they did for us.

There was live music and a corn hole competition.  I'd never played corn hole, but it is quite popular here.

All in all a great day.  Plus we raised a good chunk of change for the scholarship foundation.



1 comment:

heyamil said...

I hope they keep getting more good volunteers I would like to be one myself
for now I can only see from my stickmaschinen