Tuesday, August 30, 2016

And So It Begins

The bird couldn't care less.
As it goes with any navy family, we're prepping for our move.  This is how navy life is.  You move frequently.  In our twenty-three years of marriage we've moved about ten times and we're coming up on move number eleven.

We've been here for about eight years, so it's like it's new again for me.  Been a while since I've planned a pack out or move.  And this time my sweet husband will not be around to help.  Believe me I'm a list maker at heart.  But I still stress out.

Kyla is NOT amused.
This can lead to so many questions from friends and family.  So let me answer the questions I get for you!  Because I just *know* you're dying to know these answers.



We move the end of September.

We're going to San Diego.  Normally this includes questions about hubby's new job, but I may save that for another post in the future.  Needless to say, it's a new chapter in our life and will be an adventure.

No, we don't have a house yet.  We're about 30 days out so I'm not really worried.  And could I please get through the packing process first?

We're renting our house out.  Yes, we have renters.  Our house was only on the market 10 days.
Darby just wants pets.

Yes, the navy moves us.  My packers are on day two and should be finished today.  We were actually scheduled for a three day pack out with a pick up on the fourth day.

Yes, I'm still staying in our house after all of our stuff is taken.  I'm not staying in a hotel, because that can get expensive and I still have all of our animals.  I'm not made of money and I will get by.

No we are not flying to California.  We're driving.  Yes, driving.  How else would our cars get there?  Plus our animals need transport as well.  They are family as well.

Pumpkin is unfazed.
Yes, I will miss Norfolk but am looking forward to the new adventures awaiting us in San Diego.

Yes, I think that the animals are on to the fact that something is up.  The only one who will have a hard time of it is our gray kitty.

I think that about covers it.

Here's to more adventures in a different time zone.











No comments: