Monday, September 12, 2016

Crafty Days & Crafty Nights: Color Me Mine

So this is a combination of my crafty stuff and my '757 Bucket List'.

I've been wanting to go to Color Me Mine for quite some time.

I just needed an actual project to take me there.  I am not one who can meander and find inspiration.  Well, actually I am but I am on a bit of a time crunch so I didn't feel I could do this now.

So the hubby and I had been bouncing around an idea for about a year.

We are big fans of the comic strip Peanuts.  So we were so tickled when The Peanuts Movie came out.

Linus and Sally are our favorites and we thought it would be so neat to have a 'Linus mug'.

I've seen Charlie Brown ones.  Where the shirt and a sliver of the pants are painted on a mug.  Cute right?

Only problem?  We couldn't find a Linus mug anywhere.

Hmmm...

So here is the perfect opportunity to blend two things into one.

I went to Color Me Mine in downtown Norfolk this Monday to work on this project.

Bonus?

Mondays they waive studio fees for military.  Yay!

So I painted and in a few days they will remove it from the kiln and I will have a 24 oz. coffee mug for my darling hubby.

This mug is huge!

Not perfect, but just what I was hoping for.  More along the lines of a Charles Schultz drawing.  My inner perfectionist was NOT happy with this, but I think it's cute.  And that's all that matters.




No comments: