Friday, August 10, 2007

A Day In DC



So Wednesday, August 8th we spent the day in Washington DC. This nation's great capitol! We spent most of the day wandering around the art museums. Something the hubby and I wouldn't normally do, but I truly enjoyed doing with Sarah. So Sarah I'm really glad that we got to do this with you. Although I don't think that Derek was too happy about it. He looked a bit bored. We did stop by the National Air and Space Museum and saw the Spirit of St. Louis which is pictured above, as well as a few other things. Really to do DC properly you need a couple of days, but we were limited in our time with our friends and only had Wednesday to do it in. So we were content with what we could get. Unfortunately the American History Museum was closed down so we couldn't do it. Which sucked because I think the whole group would have enjoyed that.

As we walked from place to place we came across the Navy Memorial. So of course we stopped, since it's something that would be near and dear to the hubby's heart. There's a picture of me below with the lone sailor. It's quite interesting.

All in all I thought it was a nice day. We ended it by going to Bonefish in Fredericksburg. Boy were we tired from all of the walking. And man does DC traffic suck!

No comments: