Monday, August 6, 2007

Holy Cow Batman That's A Lot Of Meat!

Today we went to Texas de Brazil with our friends Derek and Sarah. It was quite the experience. If you have a place like this I highly recommend it. The service was fantastic! The atmosphere lovely. And the food was to die for. Did I mention that the company was beyond pleasant? It can be a bit pricey, but is oh so worth it!

Our friends just arrived at the Richmond airport and to celebrate their arrival we decided to try this resturant that a co-worker of my hubby's had recommended. Notice it took some friends coming for a visit for us to try the place. Holy cow was there a lot of meat there. I swear I could feel my arteries hardening as soon as we sat down. There was beef, chicken, pork and lamb. And thier wine selection was to die for. I didn't even get to look through the entire thing. I did choose a 2006 Argentinian Malbec that went quite nicely with the various meats that they served. Later I asked for a dry white and our waiter, Tre, found me a wonderful Chardonnay that wasn't too oaky. I'm kicking myself because I didn't get the names of the wines. I just wished they'd had some nice Virginian wines. But I guess that would have been pushing my luck huh?

We capped off the evening with some decedant desserts. The hubby and I both had to get our desserts put in a to go box. I swear I thought I was going to pop!

No comments: