Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Way To A Friend's Heart

So last week I was supposed to watch my buddy's little one, but then they didn't need me. Then they did and then they didn't. It was funny actually. Sorry John I have to tell the tale.

Originally Ruth asked if I would mind watching Theo so they could go to a farewell thing. Of course I wouldn't mind. He's a good kid for a one year old. ;-) The next day she calls saying she forgot her in-laws were coming and wouldn't actually need me. Hey it happens we all forget stuff. We laughed and I told her she'd just had a blonde moment. No big deal. A few days go by and I get a call requesting my services, because grandma and grandpa have other plans for that night. They'll be visiting relatives in another state. I said sure I could do it. No problem. The day I'm to babysit John calls up, because Ruth says she's not gonna do it, to say that things have changed again and they won't need me. I laughed and told them it was okay I would go to the hubby's softball game instead. After a few apologies I told them to stop that life happens and not to worry.

That's the end of the story. Right? Nope! See John felt the need to get me something as a thank you for all this. I told him there was no need because that's what friends do for each other. And really John and Ruth are more like family to us. And I figured it wouldn't be anything major. In fact I completely forgot about it.

So Saturday we stopped by John and Ruth's house so we could visit with John's parents before they headed home. We had a really nice time visiting. John let us try a batch of his Hefeweizen that he had brewed. John's a home brewer and I always enjoy trying his latest stuff. He and Ruth introduced us to Hefeweizens and I love them. His batch was really good and I informed him of that fact. So we stayed longer than we expected, cutting into valuable family time (Sorry John!) and made our way to the door when John comes out with a box.

And here's why this post is titled as such. John gave me twelve of his Hefeweizens and a lemon. Now not only is it cool that he gave me twelve of these gems, but he was thoughtful enough to include the lemon for the slice to be added to the drink. Yum! Best thanks ever! I almost didn't want to share with the hubby, but we each had one last night while watching American Gladiator. It was tasty!

1 comment:

JA3 said...

You just wanted a guaranteed comment, didn't you?

Of course you weren't an interruption of family time, because you ARE family. Anyway, you saw what happens when we're sitting around with Theo napping and nothing to talk about -- four adults, four laptops! Thanks for tearing us away from THAT.

So glad you liked the beer; the next one will hopefully be up your alley as well. I brew them to share them.