Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cats Are Like Potato Chips

You never can stop with just one! Okay I stole that line from an old Lays commercial, but it is so true! So why fight it?

This little darling's name is Kyla. We had been hoping to take her home the same day as Pumpkin. Bust someone at the SPCA messed up really bad and wouldn't let me take her home. After a few phone calls though they did all they could to make things right and I brought this young lady home yesterday. Of course they can't seem to find out who was the cause of this. Go figure! Power hungry monster's in hiding now. But I've got people on the watch for him or her.

See, Kyla, had been with the SPCA since something like April. So the workers were appalled when they heard the mess I'd gone through. They couldn't figure out why I couldn't take her home the same day since I'd already filled out the application and been approved.

But she's here now. And that's the important part. She's more vocal than Pumpkin and very energetic. And she is definitely Jim's little girl.

The funny thing is that everyone told me she was so quiet and reserved. She's a spaz! It's so funny. They both put a smile on our faces. It's good to have young cats in the house. Pumpkin is 4 and Kyla is 3.

So we are now a two cat household. Something we haven't been since 2005. And let me tell you it feels great.

1 comment:

LindaWright said...

WELCOME to the family, Kyla!

Finally another female - now, that's really different, isn't it? Princess is no longer the lone ranger in that department!

It's a full house now.