Monday, September 22, 2008

What Should One Get To Celebrate The Start Of Fall?

Answer....

A Pumpkin!

Bet you weren't expecting that answer.

This little guy is the newest edition to the household. His name is Pumpkin. I found it quite ironic that we got Pumpkin the first day of fall. And he is an orange short hair domestic. He came home with me this afternoon.

We decided another rescue kitty was needed for this house. The house just seemed really empty without Odie around. And since we rescued Odie we thought it only fitting that we should 'adopt' another. And I still have soo much love to give. Plus our house was just made for a cat with it's bay windows and seats.

Pumpkin chose us. We were going through Pet Smart with Kaiser when we spotted him. He kept staring at us and seemed to call us to him.

So we filled out the stack of paperwork with the stupid questions and waited. The SPCA does seem to make you jump through hoops to adopt one of their animals. Seeing as it was a Saturday not much actually got done in the process. But now he's home with us and seems to be adapting. Kaiser has sniffed him and they seem to be getting along. He finds the birds fascinating. They however are terrified of him. He still has his claws, but he has a scratching post. So he'd best not use my furniture as his personal toy. I'm glad he's adjusting quickly.

We were a bit worried since we were the second family for him. The first family gave him up because he marked the new baby's crib. They figured it was because he wasn't getting enough attention. Grr! Well he's in a better home now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Punkin' I know you will love your new home. I will be seeing lots of you and will do my best to keep the boy from driving you crazy when we visit.
G.

LindaWright said...

Welcome to the family, Pumpkin!

Prepare to be spoiled - not by me, of course. But, your new "parents" and your other "grandparents". I'm the "bad granny" who doesn't give you gifts but I'll still love you!

A word of warning though - keep your distance from Commander Poo-Poo - he's a tough one. I'm sure you'll have Princess and, especially, Kaiser eating out of your paws soon.