Thursday, October 2, 2008

Contributing To The Delinquency of Pussycats

So today while I was at Trader Joe's with my buddy, Greta, I found a double wide cat scratcher. The kitties needed another scratching post so I said what the heck. I noticed that catnip was included, but didn't think much of it.

I didn't put the catnip on the scratching pad, but the bag was laying on top of it when I opened the package. But I digress.

So I opened it up and put it on the living room floor. Kyla was the first victim. She loved it! Scratching it, rubbing on it and biting it. Pumpkin comes along to see what's going on and Kyla bats at his head. Pumpkin looks at her like she's lost her mind and sniffs the scratching pad only to be smacked again by Kyla. I can see the look in his eyes. Dude what is your problem? Suddenly he's hooked. He's clawing it, rubbing on it and licking the tray it's in. Yes you read the last line right. He is licking the tray that it's in.

So now I have two stoned kitties sprawled out in my living room. I can almost hear what they are thinking.

Pumpkin: Dude I'm so hungry. Where's that cricket?

Kyla: Dude! Get your own stash. This is mine. Mine! Smack!

Pumpkin: Dude so not cool. Lick, lick, lick. Box is good.

Smack! Smack, smack. Smack!

Pumpkin: Dude forget you. I'm hungry. Wonder if I can find that cricket.

Kyla: Dude don't care. My scratcher. Claw, claw, claw.

Okay I really need to get a life. But it's amused me for the past hour or so. Hopefully they won't keep me awake all night with their insanity. I wonder how they'll react if I actually put catnip on the scratching pad. Hmmm.

No comments: