Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I R Ferocious

So just about everyone I know has been asking how the new cats are adjusting to life in our household. Since both of them came from another household before they were put with SPCA. Kyla adjusted quickly. Pumpkin took a bit longer to warm up to us, but he is. So I thought I would share these photos from my camera phone to let you know that they are adjusting well. They are a bit camera shy. Which is why I had to use the camera phone and these shots aren't the best quality. It'll take them a while to realize that I love taking pictures and there is nothing to be afraid of.

So this evening they discovered a cricket had gotten in the house and went on a hunt. Poor foolish cricket. Pumpkin took the lead and Kyla was more than happy to join in. It was cute to watch them stalk the poor thing as it tried it's darndest to hop away. As you can kind of see from this shot Pumpkin caught the cricket.

So I do have a mighty hunter in the house. Which pleases me to no end. Bugs beware! Pumpkin is on the prowl. And Kyla promises to at least watch if not try to help.

1 comment:

JA3 said...

The first week or so in this house I heard crickets in the basement pretty much every night. Soon I started hearing paws on steps right after the crickets started.

Later, we'd see Guinness and Aslan come around with a look that said "Cricket? Won't see HIM around anymore."