Tuesday, March 31, 2009

No Fear

So over the weekend the hubby and I were able to get together with some friends that the two of us haven't seen in quite some time.

We went to Cheeseburger in Paradise for lunch on Sunday. It's kid friendly and serves very good food. We had fried pickles, something I'd never had but found quite tasty, and spicy queso and chips to start out with. Of course Greta and I had a few of their tasty drinks. Everyone was happy with their burgers. And we shared their chocolate nachos for dessert. Very yummy!

So I know you're looking at the pictures and going what does this have to do with the price of tea in China.

And what's up with that title?

Fear not that was the appetizer, now I will get to the meat of the matter.

How was that for a pun?

What don't I even get a chuckle for that? A smile at least? Geez tough crowd.

After lunch we went to Blue Bird Gap Farm so Colten could run off some steam. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

That's where the peacock comes in. I thought I would get a picture of the bird. For some reason I find the animal not only lovely, but intriguing. I was hoping to see the white peacock, but he was no where to be seen. I stayed in one spot and the bird approached me. Fearless little shit. I'm sure he thought I had food and was looking for said hand out. He was sorely disappointed.

And I had to get this shot of Colten and Steve feeding the deer. Another animal that hadn't shown any fear when the three year old ran up to his area.

But that's how most of the animals are at this farm. Very used to people and always up for a hand out. Which is fine by me. The place runs on donations. I think it's a worthy cause.

If you're in the area, stop by, check the place out and make a donation.

1 comment:

Casey Barlie - Cheeseburger in Paradise said...

Sounds like you had a great time! We try to be as kid friendly as we can. Since you love our food so much, we hope you'll check out our fan club page on Facebook http://tinyurl.com/CBiPFanClub