Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spouse Appreciation

Friday was Military Spouse Appreciation Day. What pray tell is that anyway? It's not something that I would normally really care about. I mean why should I get any sort of recognition for being married to my sweet babboo, who just happens to be in the military. I think Hallmark is trying to make another quick buck.

But I digress...

I've always appreciated my husband, but today it was made abundantly clear to me how much he truly means to me. In the nearly 16 years that we've been married, my dear husband has ALWAYS put together anything that claimed some assembly required. Today, however, that changed. I put together bookshelves and a small entertainment center for our game room. First time EVER!

Now I could have waited for my darling husband to return, but then the game room would have stayed a mess. That was not an option. So I knew basically what I wanted and deliberated for a day or so on which type I wanted. It may not be the best in the world, but it's what I liked.

So again, I say thank you to my sweet babboo. I appreciate all that you do for me.

No comments: