Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Traditions

Everyone has them. Right? At least one. Maybe two or three. It's okay to admit it.

I admit we have a few ourselves. Like watching A Christmas Story on TBS for 24 hours. We will sprinkle in A Christmas Carol, I have 3, for a change of pace. George C. Scott is one of my favorite Scrooge's. And having Chinese on Christmas day. If you've seen A Christmas Story, you'll get that one. One thing that we have started as our tradition is going to the Botanical Garden and seeing their lights. They don't just do Christmas either. They do all seasons.

This year we stopped by Starbucks for some hot drinks first. Yum! I've fallen in love with the Caramel Brulee Latte. They do have a radio station that you can tune into and listen to Christmas music, which is very cool, while driving. Sadly reception was bad so we found another radio station to listen to Christmas music. I almost wished we had taken one of our Mannheim Steamroller CD with us. The first thing we drove into this year was a sea theme. Very cool. They made it look like you were driving underwater. And of course, there was a Norfolk Mermaid,in lights, in the beginning.

I also have to say that I like the Santa taking off an aircraft carrier with his reindeer at the very beginning. But I do have to admit that the fire breathing dragon is one of my favorites. What can I say? I like Chinese dragons. And just to clue you in that's for the Chinese New Year. At least I'm pretty sure it is.


One of our absolute favorites is the night sky. I know that sounds bland, but it is breathtaking. As you drive over a bridge you feel as if you are in the middle of the sky. Surrounded by stars, twinkling blue and white, with the moon in view. I wish there was actually more to this one than the short bit they have.

All in all it is money well spent. If you're in the area I urge you to go see it. Get a hot drink, crank up some Christmas tunes and enjoy. If you aren't in the area, well... I hope you find something similar.

Oh and side note. I didn't take these pictures they are from The Botanical Garden site. I need to remember to bring my camera with me from now on.

No comments: