Wednesday, December 22, 2010

12 Days Of Christmas

So my sweetie really likes getting photos via email. But there are only so many pictures you can take of your animals and yourself. I don't do many of myself, because I REALLY don't like having my picture taken. But about 12 days ago someone mentioned to me that the 12 days of Christmas were coming up and that she normally sent her husband photos for each day. So I decided to put my own unique spin on things. I realize I'm a day early, but my sweetie is nearly a day ahead, so he needed to get these photos in time.

So I've posted the pictures and will say what I emailed him. Then I'll give a short explanation. Enjoy!

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me... Pumpkin by the Charlie Brown Tree.

I didn't put up the tree this year, so my buddy got me a Charlie Brown Tree. My sweetie wanted a photo and just as I was taking this photo my orange kitty decided he wanted to be in this photo op. Who was I to disagree?

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me... Two Blonde Buddies.

I thought this would add a bit of whimsy.

This is a photo of my buddy, Greta, and I. Luckily we were at our favorite coffee shop and the owner was kind enough to take this picture (with my phone no less). I just love how it looks like we're being towered over. It was so much fun! And those who know me, know I HATE having my photo taken. We almost look like we just got caught doing something bad.

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me... Three Awesome Pens.

I was truly in a bind of what to do for this one. Then I remembered that I have three pens that my friends have made for us. One I had made for Jim a year or so ago for Christmas and the other two are mine. So why not?

They do mean something to us. Well they do to me anyway.

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... Four Mobile Phones.

Luckily I was in my favorite coffee shop (yes again) and was able to borrow three other phones in order to get this done. We had joked that it would have been really funny if all four went off at the same time. Of course, the title would have been totally different if that had happened.

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... Five Loving Rings.

Each one of these five rings means something special to me.

The class ring is Jim's. I wore it through a large chunk of our high school lives. There's my engagement and wedding ring. I would hope you would understand the importance of those. The other two rings? One was a gift when my sweetie got back from his first deployment and the other a gift for Christmas (I think).

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... One New Truck Battery.

I know! I know! There aren't six of these.

What was I thinking?

Well to be honest, I couldn't really think of anything really cool. However, I did by this on the sixth day so it has to count.

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me... Seven Sea Gulls Standing.

Something about sea gulls just tickles us to no end. We either giggle like children, all because of the movie 'Finding Nemo' or we get sentimental. Somewhere it's written, where I have no idea, that seagulls are the souls of sailors who have passed on.

I know! Two sides of the coin. But we always watch seagulls when we see them.

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... Eight Flowers Blooming.

So the eighth day is actually my birthday. My darling hubby sent me flowers (and a teddy bear and chocolates) for my birthday and I just had to take this photo, because he did send it to me on the eighth day. I know there are more than eight, but pick out your favorites and know those are the ones. I'm not gonna argue!

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... Nine Kitty Whiskers, Still Attached to the Pretty Kitty.

This one happened completely by chance!

I was trying to figure out what to do for this one when I glanced to my left and saw my little girl kitty, Kyla, sitting there staring at me. Kyla is my hubby's favorite and I thought this a perfect chance to get her photo. I mean I had used Pumpkin. It's only fair to use her as well.

I know there are more than nine whiskers, but just count the more prominent ones. Once you get to nine stop. Come on humor me.

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me... Ten Toasty Toesies.

So these toe socks were given to me and I thought this would be funny for the tenth day. And it's very Christmasy.

I have learned something from this.

One, toe socks feel funky. And two? I really don't like them.

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... Eleven Lights a Twinkling.

This is the hubby and mine's favorite thing to do during the holidays. We will drive to the Norfolk Botanical Gardens and view their holiday lights. One of our favorites is the Starry Night section. You feel like you've left the world behind and are drifting in space.

You don't have to keep counting after eleven. Really, you don't.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... Twelve Christmas Roses Unfurling.

So I just got these roses today.

A Christmas gift from my sweetie.

So I thought it quite appropriate to use this for my final day of Christmas.

I hope everyone enjoyed my rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas as much as I enjoyed making it up.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

JA3 said...

That pic of you and Greta looking up looked entirely normal to me. :) Merry Christmas from up here!

Anonymous said...

You are definitely up to no good in that picture.

Also, I love this.

Merry 3rd day after Christmas to you, my frieeeend!