Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Felt The Earth Move Under My Feet

Okay I was sitting when the tremors from the earthquake that hit Mineral, VA hit us.  Norfolk is about 146 miles away from Mineral.

But I couldn't let this pass without at least mentioning it.  I mean two nuclear reactors in Virginia went offline and Congress evacuated the building.  Not that I really care about Congress, but it's newsworthy.  Right?  I promise not to start ranting about Congress.  This is not the post for it.

Oops, sidetracked.  Sorry!

The earthquake registered at 5.9 and was felt from North Carolina all the way to New Hampshire (I'm just saying what they report.).

Things here are fine though.  Nothing came off the walls.  No damage as far as I can see.  Since I was at the dealership, I wasn't home so I don't know how my animals reacted.  I'm betting they didn't even notice.  I got a bit nervous at first, because I thought something was wrong with me but was relieved when the other customer in the room looked around nervously.  Then there was a break in the news reporting what had happened.  Color me thankful.  I was wondering if someone had slipped me a mickey.  lol

Now as long as Hurricane Irene by passes me I'll be fine.  Fingers crossed.

No comments: