Saturday, April 21, 2012

Flying The Friendly Skies

Vino Volo
So this past week I've flown back to my parents house for a visit. I'll explain more about that in another post though.  I had one lay over in BWI.  I mean who gets direct flights anymore?  I probably could have, but I'm sure it would have cost me an arm and a leg.  But I digress.
Flight of Reds 

While at the airport I came across this wine bar.  It's called Vino Volo.  The name is derived from Italian and means wine flight.  I'd never been, so I stopped in to have a glass.  I'm a nervous flier and thought the wine would calm me.  It did!

My flight was all reds, in case you hadn't noticed.  I don't remember their specific order or much about them since I didn't get a cheat sheet to take with me, but I believe I had a garnacha, a carmenere and a Malbec.  It was the Malbec that caught my eye.  They also had food, but I really didn't have the time because I had a flight to catch.

Cal Ripken Jr.
As we were lining up to board the plane I saw Cal Ripken Jr. My phone was already turned off and by the time it powered back on he'd already boarded. Luckily the young man sitting next to me got a photo and forwarded his to me. So a big thank you out to that young man! The hubby didn't believe me and said he needed photographic evidence.

No comments: